22. Januar 2008

Pin Cushion No. 1

I saw a lot of pin cushions like this one on various blogs during the last months. I think they are just so cute and puffy! I really wanted to know how to make them and found a link to a tutorial by accident on flickr when I was looking at all the great coloriffic pictures (but that's a whole other story). Then when I saw Erleperle's beautiful pin cushions I knew I really had to give it a try. I think it came out very nicely but it still has some flaws (for example I should have used even more polyfill). I will definitely make a couple more improved ones. First of all for the birthday of C's grandmother.My pin cushion could use a couple more pins, don't you think? I just have to find them. They are here somewhere...

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I like it! ...and the fabric too!

VeganCraftastic hat gesagt…

I keep seeing these around too, I need to make one! Yours is super cute!

torrance hat gesagt…

I just made pincushions like these too :)
Yours is very pretty! Very stylish :)

YowlYY hat gesagt…

Just yesterday I was killing some time at John Lewis in Oxford Street, while waiting for the time to get my train back home, and saw some pincushions and thought that I need one, since my old one is just too worn out. I did not like the one on sale, and now you provide me with the perfect substitute... it happens that I am going to do some seam sewing this weekend, so a good chance to use my Singer producing something that I'll enjoy :) Thanks for the tutorial link - yours look very elegant!