21. Dezember 2007

Halfway there!

I didn't count them, but I think there are more than 200 of these Gingerbread cookies. (I followed Johanna's Swedish recipe.)In the front: Coconut Chococlate-Chip Cookies. These are accidently vegan. I love when I find recipes like that. In this case though I'm not overly happy with the result. My mum finds them yummy, but I don't know. I had way better cookies before, so I proclaim this recipe as not blog worthy.
Now these I find great: Lemon Cookies and the recipe is also accidently vegan - if you use vegan margarine that is!
Here you go:

THE COOKIE
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup sugar
12 tablespoons margarine, cold, cut into 12 pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

THE GLAZE
10 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Mix the dry ingredients. Scatter the butter over the mixture and process until the dough just comes together. While the machine is running, add vanilla and lemon juice.
Shape the dough into a pretty log about 18 inches long, roll it up in waxed paper. Refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C). Cut the log into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Place the slices on a lined baking sheet (or two) and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Let them cool completely before glazing.

Makes about 40 cookies.All wrapped up and ready to go. Yeah okay, not all of them are wrapped up. There are plenty left for me, er I mean us...

Plan for tomorrow: snowballs, chocolate snowballs and Hanseaten (my dad requested those). We'll see!

Keine Kommentare: